At BourbonBlog.com , we’ve often wondered if any of the reindeer choose to recover after that long winter’s night with a Christmas cocktail. They must be of drinking age because they’ve been at it for many years, right? Basil Hayden’s Bourbon tells us it sounds like we now have our answer thanks to mixologist Duggan McDonnell of Cantina in San Francisco, California.
Instructions for Cocktail
1. In an old-fashioned glass, combine all ingredients and stir 20 times.
2. Garnish with an orange peel.
- Reindeer Spice Syrup
3 Apples, peeled and diced
5 Large Cinnamon Sticks
1 cup Walnuts
2 cups Sugar
3 Cups Water
1. Place the diced apples into water and boil, then reduce heat to low.
2. Briefly toast cinnamon sticks and walnuts in a saucepan, then transfer into apple mixture.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Gently stir in the 2 cups of sugar, thoroughly stirring, and remove from heat.
Once mixture has cooled, strain and press the juice and flavor from the boiled apples back in the mix.