Calling all whisk(e)y enthusiasts, BourbonBlog.com invites you to the inaugural “Taste of Scotland” in French Lick, Indiana for a weekend of whisk(e)y in an elegant and historic atmosphere.
BourbonBlog.com‘s Tom Fischer will be appearing and representing the American whiskey and Bourbon perspective in a Bourbon vs. Scotch debate. While Scotch is at the heart of celebration, we suspect some of you Bourbon followers will be tempted by the promise of rare drams and great company.
When: Saturday, Feb 22, 12:30 PM- 10:30 PM.
Where: French Lick Springs Hotel, French Lick, Indiana
Price: $299 (plus tax) tax for 2 adults, includes an overnight stay at French Lick Springs Hotel, admission to keynote speech, break-out sessions, plus the Robert Burns’ tribute dinner for two.
Book now by clicking this link or call 888.936.9360 .
ALSO General Resort guests may participate in the Taste of Scotland by upgrading their stay with an estimated $90 per person to attend programming and dinner. Early check in 11 AM.
The day-long event which celebrates Scottish history, heritage and the art of tasting, crafting and mixing scotch culminates in a Robert Burns tribute dinner with musical performance by nationally acclaimed Scottish folk singer Colin Grant-Adams. Grant-Adams, originally born to Scottish parents living in Great Britain, has served since 1996 as the Artist in Residence for the Glasgow Highland Games of Kentucky. During his tenure, he has composed songs about the early century Scots who settled in America.
Welcome and Keynote with Author Fred Minnick, he will speak about on his research and book: Whiskey Women: The Untold Story of How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch, and Irish Whiskey
1:30pm – 2:30pm
• The History and Importance of Independent Bottlers – Chris Riesbeck, Gordon and MacPhail
• Blending and Distilling Scotch – Ciaran O’Donovan, Jameson Ambassador
• How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch and Irish Whiskey – Fred Minnick, author, Wall Street Journal Bestseller
2:45pm – 3:45pm
• Getting into the Spirit of Tasting – Matthew Phillips, Certified Spirit Specialist, Pernod Ricard Whiskey
• The Bourbon and Scotch Debate – Tom Fischer, BourbonBlog.com debates ?
• Scotch Cocktails – Robin Nance, Whisky Specialist, Morrison Bowmore Distillers
4pm – 5pm
• Getting into the Spirit of Tasting, Matthew Phillips, Certified Spirit Specialist, Pernod Ricard Whiskey
• Blending and Distilling Scotch, Ciaran O’Donovan, Jameson Ambassador
• Guest Panel Question and Answer Session
5:45pm – 7:15pm
Scotch and Whisky Tasting:
Robert Burns Tribute Dinner
7:30pm – 10pm
Robert Burns Tribute Dinner, Musical Performance and Emcee Colin Grant-Adams
Side salad with Scotch dressing
Chicken and leek soup
Scotch infused slow roasted sirloin
Oat cakes and dinner rolls
Tatties and neeps