Bib & Tucker Small Batch Bourbon tells BourbonBlog.com they are releasing Bib & Tucker Double Char Bourbon beginning August 2023 at $54.99.
At 88 proof (44% ABV), Bib & Tucker Double Char Bourbon is aged twice to create savory smoky notes and a unique finish. Bib & Tucker Double Char is first aged for six years in Tennessee in new white American oak, followed by a minimum of five months in a second heavily charred and smoked new barrel.
This unique fire-forged double char aging method creates the rich and deep flavor of Bib & Tucker Double Char.
As a Tennessee bourbon, Bib & Tucker tells BourbonBlog.com they follow the Lincoln County process which is unique to the state, meaning the bourbon is filtered through sugar maple charcoal before going into the barrel for aging.
For Double Char, to pay homage to the Lincoln County process, the second barrel is smoked with sugar maple before being filled with the brand’s 6-year-aged bourbon.
Bib & Tucker says it has spent the perfect amount of time in the barrels, the char, and the sugar maple barrel smoking process deliver a bourbon with an inviting savory white smoke flavor not found in any other whiskey on the market.
We’ll bring you our Bourbon review of Double Char soon, but for now here are Bib & Tucker Double Char tasting notes:
· Nose: A touch of smoke with immediate notes of toasted oak and dulce de leche, background notes of cinnamon and clove
· Palate: Vanilla and sugar maple surrounded with white smoke, hints of sweet corn and toasted cinnamon
· Finish: Medium to long finish with oak, white smoke and vanilla
· Color: Deep rich mahogany with copper undertones
Bib & Tucker Small Batch Bourbon collection also includes:
· The Classic Six: 6-Year-Old Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey – SRP: $54.99; 92 proof/46% ABV
· 10-Year-Old Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey – SRP: $89.99; 92 proof/46% ABV
· 12-Year-Old Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey –99 proof/49.5% ABV