A Bloody Mary with Bourbon…for real? Yes, a Basil Hayden’s Bloody Mary.
Combining Basil Hayden’s smooth and peppery notes with a mix of hot sauce, Worcestershire, wasabi, and tomato juice delivers a “potion” which makes this Bloody Mary recipe scream with flavor.
Basil Hayden’s Bloody Mary
created by Steve Cole
* 1½ parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
* 2 dashes of Celery Salt
* 2 dashes Hot Sauce
* 2 dashes Worcestershire
* 1 teaspoon Wasabi
* Tomato Juice
* Garnish: Celery, Lime Wedge & Blue Cheese Olives
1. Rim a pint glass with lime juice and celery salt.
2. Fill with ice to the top.
3. Add Basil Hayden’s Bourbon, celery salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and wasabi.
4. Fill remainder of the glass with tomato juice. Stir well.
5. Garnish with celery, lime and blue cheese olives
Special thanks to the Basil Hayden’s Cocktail of the Month Club and to Shannon Wilson, DBC.