BourbonBlog.com‘s Tom Fischer recently attended the innagural Bourbon Classic in Louisville, Kentucky.
Distilleries and Bourbon products from across Kentucky gathered in one place to give enthuisasts a chance to taste cocktails, Bourbon, learn more about the industry, and to connect with fellow whiskey lovers.
In the video interview above, we catch up with Corsair Artistan Distillery, Mixologist Kristen Merle, and Vince Carida Founder of the Owensboro Bourbon Society.
BourbonBlog.com raises a toast to the c0-founders The Bourbon Classic who include Justin Thompson and Seth Thompson of The Bourbon Review and by Tony Butler of FSA Management Group of Louisville.
On the first night of Bourbon Classic, event attendees voted for their favorite small plates as they were paired with Bourbon cocktails from specific participating distilleries.
At the same time, the Bourbon cocktails were judged by an panel of judges including Editor-in-Chief, Liquor.com, Celebrity Chef Edward Lee from 610 Magnolia, Joy Perrine, author of The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book, and Noah Rothbaum.. Here are the winners
- – 2013 Grand Champion: Jared Schubert of Monkey Wrench, representing Four Roses.
- – 2013 Classic Cocktail Winner: Isaac Fox of Volare, representing Maker’s Mark, serving a “Vieux Carre” cocktail.
- – 2013 Contemporary Cocktail Winner: Jared Schubert of Monkey Wrench representing Four Roses, serving a “Dust Bowl Smash.”
- – 2013 People’s Choice Classic Small Plate: Anthony Lamas of Seviche, serving Tuna “Old Fashioned” Seviche, paired with Four Roses.
- – 2013 People’s Choice Contemporary Small Plate: Shawn Ward of Jack Fry’s, serving Seared Scallop and Dried Citrus with Edamame Puree, paired with Michter’s.
Sponsors of The Bourbon Classic: Buffalo Trace Distillery, Four Roses Bourbon, Michter’s Distillery, Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc., Jim Beam, Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company, Maker’s Mark, Blanton’s, Sullivan University National Center for Hospitality Studies, Angel’s Envy, Bulleit Bourbon, Jefferson’s Bourbon, Nestle Waters, Spirits on Ice, LLC, Wildcat Water, Willett Distillery, Art Eatables, Corsair Distillery, Limestone Branch Distillery Neil Sulier Art, The Urban Bourbon, and Kentucky Proud
Photos by Tyler Gater, video filmed and edited by Tyler Gater.