Brown-Forman Corporation tells BourbonBlog.com that they will donate $1 million to COVID-19 response funds. The donation supports multiple locations and agencies as Brown-Forman assesses community and industry needs and identifies the best ways to support those impacted by COVID-19.
“As COVID-19 has spread throughout the world, we want to provide assistance to our communities in this time of great need,” says Lawson Whiting, Chief Executive Officer, Brown-Forman Corporation. “We are announcing today donations totaling $1 million that will enable us to give back to the people and communities that mean so much to our company.”
At 150 years old, Brown-Forman Corporation owns brands including Jack Daniel’s, Finlandia Vodka, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Coopers’ Craft, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach, GlenDronach, Slan and more.
According to the statement from Brown-Forman, initial contributions included in the $1 million dollar gift:
· Hospitality Industry: Our friends in the hospitality and service industry are facing difficult times as they wrestle with the financial challenges of being out of work for an unknown period of time. These individuals, including bartenders and restaurant workers, are the face and voice of our brands to so many consumers around the world.
– We are joining our colleagues in the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States and making a donation to the United States Bartenders’ Guild (USBG) Foundation Emergency Assistance Program to help them during this time of need.
· We have partnered with the Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation to support their COVID-19 Crisis Relief Fund. As part of this partnership, we are encouraging people to make a donation to the foundation and we will match dollar-for-dollar donations (up to $100,000). Please visit this link to make a donation to help our colleagues and friends.
· One Louisville: Brown-Forman made a donation to the One Louisville: COVID-19 Response Fund. The fund will rapidly deploy resources and financial assistance to households, businesses, and community-based organizations working at the frontlines of the outbreak in the city we call home and where we were founded 150 years ago.
· Expanding Our Reach: Brown-Forman is actively exploring additional ways to expand our reach and our donations internationally. As a global company, we have employees in more than 170 countries. These donations will be made by the country team and directed by our site-based leaders.
Top photo credit: Freeman Kelly Dronography